Datepicker Positioning

Datepicker Positioning

MrNazgulMrNazgul Posts: 8Questions: 4Answers: 2

Problem
Editor's datepicker can appear partially out of bounds when your date field is located near the edge of your browser. This applies to inline editing as well as in the dialog.

Example
You can see this behavior on the following page:
Simple Inline Editing

If you click to edit a start date so the datepicker appears, then start shrinking your web browser width while the datepicker remains open you can see where it becomes problematic and you cannot click on the last day of the week. In my case one of my date fields is the last in the table so it's always an issue regardless of browser size.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the page and complete description. Completely agree - it should be effectively right aligning itself to the document. I'll have that fixed for the next release of Editor, which is likely to be 1.7.0.

In the meantime, the work around appears to be to horizontally scroll the browser to get to the right hand side of the date picker.

Regards,
    Allan

• ZoTZoT Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi, I was wondering if you already found a stable fix for this as I also have the problem in prod, inside a modal.

I tmp fixed it by commenting the last part of the _position: function ()
    ...but doing this probably generates some regression.

BR.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi,

The fix for this has been committed and 1.7.0 should be released later this week. I'm just tiding up some rough edges :).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.