Find hidden cells values with jQuery for processing entered data

Find hidden cells values with jQuery for processing entered data

krylovkrylov Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, sirs. I have hidden cells in table. I use built-in-editor for editing table. Hidden values goes to server with ajax request and precess. But I need to write a function that helps to enter data.
[code]
$(document).on("blur","#DTE_Field_CERT_DATE",function(){
console.log(this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode);
console.log(table.context[0].json.data); //this show all data getting from server }
[/code]
I can find with jQuery editable data, but can't find hidden...
Please, advice me which object should I use.

Thank you.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

preSubmit will get you all the data that is being sent to the server, and give you the chance to modify that object if you need to.

Regards,
    Allan

• krylovkrylov Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you, Allan, but preSubmit is not function that I need.
    I build a certificates accounting system for seamen. They have to graduate courses and get certificates for start to be employed. This certificates has own valid terms. This terms saved in database, and goes to dataTable in hidden cells. This can help managers who entered valid date to database: manager entered issue date and expire date can be calculated, if I get this data. They must be cached before sending to server, I belive, this action is "blur" when cursor lost the editing field.
    I understand that you can tell me "forget about expiring date, and calculate this in server side, remove this field from form and be happy" but expiring date must be editible.

Thank you.

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

I see - so when the user updates a value in the field, you want to compute the value for another field? If so, use dependent() to know when the new value should be computed and set the value.

The hidden field can be hidden using hidden.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.