Error jquery with editor on inline editing: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a025e

Error jquery with editor on inline editing: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a025e

BusterenBusteren Posts: 52Questions: 17Answers: 4

I am using datatables (1.10.15) with the edtior (1.6.4) and inline editing. So far I have been using it for some time and everything works perfectly, however, recently I have had problems with IE11 and I get this error when trying to edit the table:
Unhandled exception at line 4, column 5707 in https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.0/jquery.min.js
0x800a025e - JavaScript runtime error: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a025e.

Looking at the jquery file (minified), the code that is causing this error:
Unhandled exception at line 4, column 5707 in https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.0/jquery.min.js
0x800a025e - JavaScript runtime error: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a025e.

Anyone knows what could be wrong?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• BusterenBusteren Posts: 52Questions: 17Answers: 4

The unminified jquery (error line: elem...):
    // Prevent re-triggering of the same event, since we already bubbled it above jQuery.event.triggered = type; elem[ type ](); jQuery.event.triggered = undefined;

Sorry for posting multiple times, the way the error occurs (using keytable): Enter on the cell and put value in, then enter to submit. Then Enter again on the cell, that is when the error occurs.
    Also, doing this with the mouse works, however, after entering a value, I cannot click on the cell again to enter a new value

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Does it happen for you on this page? Sorry I don't have immediate access to IE11 at the moment.

Allan

That works, it seems that KeyTables is not compatible with jquery 3.2.0 with the setup I am using? Works with jquery 1.9.1 (which I need for bootstrap), but it is still a bit buggy, like it is behaving differently than with 3.2.0. Sometimes I cannot hit enter to go into the cell.
    Took a screenshot of an error which I get in KeyTable:

Re downloaded all the newest files, but still not working unfortunately. Gonna try and find the newest Jquery, which still works. (Need to check my own code for JQuery dependencies).

Hey, so I changed my initialisation of the inline editor to the way you described above in that link. Now it is working as expected without any bugs or problems. I will double check on another windows computer tomorrow and check that it definitely work.
    Sometimes when i hit enter very fast 2 times or so, I cannot edit the cell. But for now that is something that is okay.
    Thank you as always :) (PM me if there is anything)

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Yes, it would be great to know if there are any issues with IE11, jQuery 3.2.0 and KeyTable.

Thanks!
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.