Excel found unreadable content in *.xslx Arabic content?

Excel found unreadable content in *.xslx Arabic content?

kowadagokowadago Posts: 24Questions: 5Answers: 2
edited November 2017 in Free community support

Hello, I'm exporting a table with Arabic content after specifying filename and title:null on export I get this error (before specifying title:null it worked fine!) "Excel found unreadable content in filename.xslx. Do you want to recover the contents of the workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes." On clicking Yes the file opens and I get this message:

Excel error

Excel completed file level validation and repair. Some parts of this workbook may have been repaired or discarded.
Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error. Catastrophic failure Line 1, column 0.

Clicking on the XML link at the bottom of the error window shows this
XML error

<repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error. Catastrophic failure Line 1, column 0.</repairedPart>

Couple of other forum posts mentioned this error, but they were a year or two earlier when a fix was committed.

Answers

• lorein0688lorein0688 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited December 2017

Well, this type of error commonly appears when the Excel file got corrupted or corruption of the one or more object or even the virus or malware infection
    So in this case to get rid of the unreadable content follow the given steps:

1. First Try to open your ‘.xls or .xlsx’ file by making it ‘read-only’
    2. Now click on the ‘Office button’ and then select ‘save’ for a new document or ‘save as’ for the previously saved document.
    3. Next, you have to click on the ‘Tools’ and then select ‘General Option’.
    4. Last but not the least, click on the ‘read-only’ check-box to make document read-only.
    5. Now you have to open a new and blank ‘.xls/.xlsx’ file and then copy the whole data from the corrupted Excel file to this new one. Now simply save this file and try to open it again.

Or to know more visit: [link removed]

• allanallan Posts: 61,719Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Happy to take a look at a test case showing the issue. As @lorein0688 says, there will be some data in the table causing the issue - I would need to know what that is to be able to help fix it.

Allan

• Loren MaxwellLoren Maxwell Posts: 387Questions: 94Answers: 10

@allan This is another post from @lorein0688 that has a suspicious link.

Agreed - I didn't flag it as it is on topic though - albeit it doesn't offer a solution in the DataTables domain.

Allan

• Loren MaxwellLoren Maxwell Posts: 387Questions: 94Answers: 10

I noticed in "her" other post you edited it to remove the content. I was thinking here you might at least remove the link.

The second post was strike two :).

This discussion has been closed.