The one polish font makes problem, why?

The one polish font makes problem, why?

Marek_OptimaMarek_Optima Posts: 32Questions: 7Answers: 0
edited January 2018 in Free community support

We have noticed that EditTable does not support our Polish fonts, the Ć font in particular, you can create Ć using the right Alt + C on polish keyboard. Our other fonts (ś,ń,ó,ł,ż,ź,ę,ą) work correctly. What may be the reason? You can find this problem in your example too. https://editor.datatables.net/examples/extensions/keyTable.html
Any suggestions?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I've just tried copying and pasting that character into the example you linked to and it appears to work okay:

When you say it isn't working for you, what goes wrong with it?

Allan

• Marek_OptimaMarek_Optima Posts: 32Questions: 7Answers: 0
    edited January 2018

above

edited January 2018

I have edited my post but it was reapted after saving. I do not know why.

With copy and paste works, but it does not work when you try to write it using keyboard (right Alt+C) in the cell of the table row. If I have tried to write the word (ćma) with Ć font, it nothing happens. Do not accept. Our other font works. So I have asked for trying to make it in this way. Regards.

What happens if you were to type "aćma" (or any other character infront of the accented one)? Does it work then? I suspect it might be because alt is being pressed.

Allan

Pls note that after pressing ALT+ C the cell loses focus

As you are typing "aćma" it does not work, you can enter the ć anywhere in the word while you are writing, it also does not work.

But other accented characters using the alt key do work?

That's very odd! I've not been able to reproduce that, but I'm using a UK layout keyboard, so I'm not sure what differences there might be.

Allan

edited January 2018

Yes, our other characters (ś,ń,ó,ł,ż,ź,ę,ą) with the ALT key work correctly.
    alt+s = ś
    alt+e = ę
    alt+c = do nothing, a cell loses focus.
    To make ć charakter causes problem. Please set polish programmer keyboard to reproduce it.
    http://www.polishnewsseattle.org/info/PolskieLitery/PolskieLitery5.jpg

That doesn't appear to be working in Windows 10 - I've got my keyboard set to be Polish layout, but the alt key does nothing. What version of Windows are you using?

Allan

Pls note that keyboard shortcuts are not dependent on the operating system. They work in the same way on Win 7, Win 10 or other. Could you check shortcuts in Note (pls use Right Alt+C), if they do not work, please verify whether you have set the programmer's keyboard in the system. We can make a short recording with this issue to better present this event. Would you like to?

Answer ✓

Thanks! Could you try the very latest code for KeyTable which I believe will resolve this issue due to this commit.

Regards,
    Allan

Thank you for your next effective response. Now it looks like it works. Regards.

This discussion has been closed.