Column Headings not visible after refresh while table not visible

Column Headings not visible after refresh while table not visible

codecraigcodecraig Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2011 in Bug reports
I am using jQuery UI Tabs (http://jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/). In the first tab I have my table (using datatables) and in the second tab I have a chart (using g.raphael).

I have a search form above my tabs. When a search is performed, data comes back and the table is refreshed. This all works fine if the "table" tab is visible when the data is refreshed. However, if I am viewing the "chart" tab and data comes back when I go to the "table" tab, the data has been updated but the column headings are not visible (except for the 1st column). Using firebug I can see the columns exist, their labels are there, styles look ok (i.e. display != none), etc.

Any ideas?

I will say that I am updating the table with new data via this: table.oApi._fnAjaxUpdateDraw(table.fnSettings(), data)

I'm doing this b/c I want a server-side/ajax type of table, except I need to handle when to fetch the source data and determine what to do when results come back (however, i still want the table to handle fetching pages, doing sorting, etc on the server side).

Any clues as to what's happening?

Replies

• codecraigcodecraig Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    So here's my workaround. When the "table" tab is being shown (i'm listening for the event from the jQuery Tabs widget), I am doing something like this:

[code]
    var oSettings = $.app.table.fnSettings(); // $.app.table is a reference to the datatable
    oSettings.bAjaxDataGet = false;
    $.app.table.oApi._fnDraw(oSettings);
    oSettings.bAjaxDataGet = true;
    $.app.table.oApi._fnProcessingDisplay(oSettings, false);
    [/code]

This seems to work well enough as a workaround. FYI, this block of code was taken from the end of the "_fnAjaxUpdateDraw" function.
This discussion has been closed.