Need help for using editor datatable as React components.

Need help for using editor datatable as React components.

Shashidhar.nkShashidhar.nk Posts: 21Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

As discussed in this post, https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/44963, I need to use datatables with react, but how can i use editor datatable with react?? and How events can be handled in editor window for creating, deleting, editing?? How to start with editor datatables in react??

Thanks & Regards,
-SHASHIDHAR

Replies

• Shashidhar.nkShashidhar.nk Posts: 21Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

I did some R&D, and tried to build a react component which will display a DataTable, and the got the result as in screenshot

But, if i want edit a row, i get a error message in console saying Uncaught Unable to find row identifier For more information, please refer to https://datatables.net/tn/14
    which says Unable to find row identifier will occur when Editor is unable to find the uniquely identifying value.

JSON i get from the API is,
    {"draw":0,"recordsTotal":57,"recordsFiltered":57,"data":[{"DT_RowId":"row_1","first_name":"Tiger","last_name":"Nixon","position":"System Architect","office":"Edinburgh","start_date":"25th Apr 11","salary":"$320,800"},{"DT_RowId":"row_2","first_name":"sgaa","last_name":"hfdhffh","position":"Accountant","office":"Tokyo","start_date":"25th Jul 11","salary":"$170,750"},{...}]}

can you please help me out..

Debugger is not helping me, it says DataTables is not available on this page.

Hi Allan,

Actually, 'idsrc': 'id' was the mistake i did, now i figured it out. now its working fine. thanks

• allanallan Posts: 61,436Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

Thanks for posting back - good to hear you've got it working now.

Allan

hi allan,

since DT debugger is not helping me with react, how to debug, if any help

thanks & regards,
    -shashidhar

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

Debugger is not helping me, it says DataTables is not available on this page.

You are supposed to run the DT debugger on a browser window which is showing a DT
    table.

edited February 2018

hello @tangerine, am running DT debugger on a browser window which is showing the datatable, u can have a look at screenshot attached. But still DT debugger says DataTables trace debugger DataTables is not available on this page.

• allanallan Posts: 61,436Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

No screenshot attached. Perhaps your jQuery isn't available in the global name space for the page? We'd need a link to the page showing the issue to be able to offer any help.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.