Alternate data source for one column

Alternate data source for one column

990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

The data source for all of my tables is the Editor engine, via AJAX calls as described in the manual and the examples. However, for one column, I would like to take the value of one of the columns, make a call out to an external API, and then report the value. Unless there's an out-of-the-box way to do this, I see only two ways of accomplishing it:

• client-side, by reporting a dummy column and then using a render call to get the value and update when available.
  • server-side, by using a formatter.

Both of these seem like a bit of a hassle, since I'm no pro at JavaScript. Is there an out-of-the-box solution?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

No - there isn't an out of the box solution I'm afraid. What is the external API?

Allan

• 990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

Truth be told, it's a Flask app that I'm writing to handle some of the heavier business logic, because I only started using Node so that I could use datatables. :smile: No worries--I started looking into the AJAX for the editor engine, and it looks like the parts I'm using are fairly painless to implement in Python. It should actually make my code a lot simpler, since I've been jumping through hoops to handle some of the nutty stuff my app does.

This discussion has been closed.