Select2 drop-in: odd behavior

Select2 drop-in: odd behavior

990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

I have an editor app that is working flawlessly. I added the select2 plugin .js file and local copies of the minified .js and .css versions of select2, making sure that I used v4.0.2 as used in the example. I then changed the type parameter on a couple of "select" fields to "select2". They worked exactly as intended, except for one bizarre behavior: when you click "edit" or "new" to bring up the editor window, the drop down options initially appear in the upper left hand corner of the browser. If you click a couple of times on the drop down, the options will move to the expected location. Otherwise, the select2 behaves exactly as expected. Any idea why this might happen?

Answers

• 990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

PS: I should add that the errant drop-down appears even in the confirmation dialog box when deleting a record.

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Are you able to give me a link to your page so I can take a look into that please? I've not got that behaviour locally, in my own Select2 example, but I might just be using a different configuration which isn't triggering it.

Allan

• 990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

It's an Intranet site. I'll email you and we'll find a way to give you access. Thanks!

Best,
    David

This discussion has been closed.