Sort Nested table with main table

Sort Nested table with main table

kashyaprashantkashyaprashant Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited February 2018 in Free community support

I have integrated data table in my code and have an accordion functionality on click of <tr>. So on click of <tr> another <tr> opens like an accordion.
I want the sorting option also works on the nested table <td>. Kindly help me to reach my output. sharing code below:

<table id="example" class="table display" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
    <thead>
        <tr>
            <th>Product</th>
            <th>Project/ Cluster</th>
            <th>Units</th>
            <th>Bedroom Type</th>
            <th>Bedrooms</th>
            <th>Areas(sft)</th>
            <th>Price</th>
            <th>SO</th>
            <th>Select</th>
        </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody id="100">
        <tr>
            <td colspan="9">
                <table class="table innerTable">
                    <tbody>
                        <tr class="boxed" id=110 data-parent=100>
                            <td data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#accordion1" >AYKON CITY - TOWER B</td>
                            <td data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#accordion1" >AYKON CITY</td>
                            <td data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#accordion1" >AYKCB/23/2318</td>
                            <td data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#accordion1" >1 BR</td>
                            <td data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#accordion1" >01</td>
                            <td data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#accordion1" >671</td>
                            <td data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#accordion1" >AED 1,199,000.00</td>
                            <td><input type="checkbox" name="name1" />&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><input type="checkbox" name="name1" />&nbsp;</td>
                        </tr>
                    </tbody>
                </table>
            </td>
            <td class="noDisplay"></td>
        </tr>
</table>

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,393Questions: 26Answers: 4,786

The first problem is Datatables doesn't support colspan in the tbody. Are you looking for collapsable data similar to this example?
    https://datatables.net/examples/api/row_details.html

The trick will be to figure out how to sort the child rows. If child row details is an option for you then maybe you can provide more details of how you want to sort the row details.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.