Getting "cannot read property of Editor" error

Getting "cannot read property of Editor" error

pychappychap Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi,

I have a functioning datatable on my local instance. After moving to the below URL, it's throwing errors, including the above (which I think they're all related to). I had to change paths (to combine all the css, js & json files. The attached screen capture shows what it should look like (ignore red arrows).

http://pchapman-sandbox.dev.vuforia.com/vuforia-ui-kit/data-tables.html

When inspecting/console view, the error calls out line 200 in the HTML file,

Cannot read property 'Editor' of undefined at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (data-tables.html:200)

I am not proficient at javascript enough to figure this out, any help is greatly appreciated. Any questions I can answer to help please let me know.

Regards,
Peter

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the link. I've replied by e-mail as well, but for completeness, I'll reply here in case anyone else finds this issue.

The issue is that jQuery is being loaded multiple times. Once before DataTables is loaded, and then again for the Bootstrap JS. You can safely remove that second one (jquery-3.2.1.slim.min.js).

Regards,
    Allan

• pychappychap Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thank you Alan, yes, removing the double-call to jQuery and making sure it's above the load DataTables fixed the issue.

I'll use this format for any future issues.

This discussion has been closed.