rowReorder helper is hidden

rowReorder helper is hidden

vismarkvismark Posts: 79Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi,
I'm using rowReorder plugin and it works good.

Unfortunately the helper (the row that moves with the mouse) is not visible as it is instead in the examples on your website. So I inspected the dom and noticed that the temp table is created but that it has the "disply: none" inline attribute.
Is there any parameter I am missing to let it visible?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Without a test case showing the issue, I can only guess that the RwoReorder CSS might not have been included, but I'm not sure.

Allan

• vismarkvismark Posts: 79Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi allan, unfortunately it is an intranet project so it would be pretty difficult for me to let you access it.

Anyway, I've added the rowReorder.dataTables.min.css and now the dragged row has a bold border that let the user easily individuate it while dragging.
    But this helper stays inside the table, if i move the mouse to the left or the right, the helper doen't follow. I can only move the row up or down. It is a different behaviour from the one shown in the example page...

Now, it is of course better than before and I think I can keep it as it is...but if you have any other idea after this new details, please share :)

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Can you show me a screenshot of the issue, or create a test case using JSFiddle etc?

Allan

• vismarkvismark Posts: 79Questions: 5Answers: 0
    edited March 2018

It would take me a lot of time to replicate the whole situation on jsfiddle (and I don't know if I actually can exactly replicate it). So, at least for the moment, I'll keep it as it is. Thanks a lot for your help!

Just another quick question about rowReorder: is it possible to send a row to a specific position? Let's suppose that in a table with 10 rows, I want to send the first row to the position #5 without drag and dropping it?

This discussion has been closed.