editor.process(req.body); ERROR

editor.process(req.body); ERROR

LaSacreLaSacre Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I try to work work with the Editor Framework and it looks really good.
I have a NodeJs Express Aplliaction and can load data from my Oracle 11g DB.
Then I have implemented 3 Buttons ( create, edit and remove) and it works.
But when I click the edit Button the Form opens and a submit.
Here is where my trouble starts:
A error occure in my Console:
(node:7772) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 2): TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
(node:7772) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I tried to print the some importent information into my console and found this:
This line make the trouble: await editor.process(req.body);
This are the values of the "req.body"

{ action: 'edit',
'data[row_E82554.1][LOTID]': 'E82554.1',
'data[row_E82554.1][PARTID]': '50515',
'data[row_E82554.1][FREIGABE]': 'HOLD' }

this is the function on my server:

router.all('/api/test01', async function(req, res) {
console.log("System call test01");
console.log(req.body);
let editor = new Editor(db, 'YE_MAP_CHECKLIST','LOTID').fields(
new Field("LOTID"),
new Field("PARTID"),
new Field("FREIGABE"),
);
console.log("ERROR?");
console.log(req.body);
await editor.process(req.body);
console.log(editor.data());
res.json(editor.data());
});

This is my db.js file:

let knex = require('knex');
let oracledb = require('oracledb');

module.exports = knex({
client: 'oracledb',
connection: {
connectString : "xxxx",
password: 'xxxx',
user: 'xxxx',
dateStrings: true
}
});

Thank you for helping

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,822Questions: 1Answers: 10,127 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Could you add:

process.on( 'unhandledRejection', (reason, p) => {
        log.log( 'Unhandled promise error A:  ', p );
        log.error( 'Unhandled promise error B:  ', reason );
    } );

To your Node program and let me know what it shows on the console.

Thanks,
    Allan

• LaSacreLaSacre Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited April 2018

Hello allan

I hope this is the information you are looking for.
    Your code is not working, I implemented:

process.on( 'unhandledRejection', (reason, p) => {
    console.log( 'Unhandled promise error A: ', p );
    console.error( 'Unhandled promise error B: ', reason );
    } );
    Is this ok? Or do I need e requirement for log?
    Something like: let log = require("debug");

This is my error Code:

Unhandled promise error B:   TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
    Unhandled promise error A:   Promise {
        at Function.keys (<anonymous>)
      <rejected> TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
        at Editor.<anonymous> (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:1136:39)
        at Function.keys (<anonymous>)
        at Editor.<anonymous> (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:1136:39)
        at step (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:42:23)
        at step (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:42:23)
        at Object.next (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:23:53)
        at Object.next (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:23:53)
        at C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:17:71
        at C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:17:71
        at new Promise (<anonymous>)
        at __awaiter (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:13:12)
        at __awaiter (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:13:12)
        at Editor._process (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:1086:16)
        at Editor._process (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:1086:16)
        at C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:427:75
        at C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:427:75
        at run (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:409:36)
        at run (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:409:36)
        at Editor.<anonymous> (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:455:50) }
        at Editor.<anonymous> (C:\Git_Repositories\NodeJs\YE_MAP_Checklist_02\node_modules\datatables.net-editor-server\dist\editor.js:455:50)

Answer ✓

Sorry! I copied and pasted it from one of my own scripts and I forgot to update it to use the console.

The error is suggesting that there is nothing in the data property submitted to the server - or more accurately that the req.body parameter is null or undefined.

I don't see how that can be the case though, since you have:

console.log(req.body);
    await editor.process(req.body);

and you mentioned that the body data was there.

Could you do:

console.log( typeof req.body );
    console.log( JSON.stringify( req.body ) );

and let me know the output please?

I'm just wondering if the body parser isn't decoding it?

Allan

Hey

my code in the project:
    console.log("Typeof: "+ typeof req.body );
    console.log("Data: " +JSON.stringify( req.body ) );

the console output:

Typeof: object
    Data: {"action":"edit","data[row_E82554.1][LOTID]":"E8255","data[row_E82554.1][PARTID]":"505","data[row_E82554.1][FREIGABE]":"HO"}

(node:3416) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection (rejection id: 2): TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
    (node:3416) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Answer ✓

Got it - thanks!

I presume you have something like:

app.use( bodyParser.urlencoded() );

Could you enable the extended option for the body parser:

app.use( bodyParser.urlencoded({ extended: true }) );

The problem is that it isn't parsing the keys as nested data.

Allan

Hello Allan

It's working now.
    Thank you so much for your good support.

KR
    Sebastian

This discussion has been closed.