How to use my own form with datatables editor

How to use my own form with datatables editor

LimpEmuLimpEmu Posts: 64Questions: 18Answers: 1

I have used datatables combined with the editor for a few projects now, and I have been able to tweak the form, so it looked ok. However, for this new project, I just cannot get the form to look good. For instance, I would like to group check boxes together; and I would like to not have a check box appear with the label at the top and the box below. Can you please point me to an example or additional resources that explain how to use your own form? Or, are there additional resources on how to use bootstrap for styling the form? I have read the editor sections on these topics multiple times, but while the documentation points out that using one's own form is possible or that bootstrap's formatting features can be used, it does not show how this is actually accomplished.
Thank you very much for your feedback!

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,652Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You can't use your own form completely - but you can use a template to structure the HTML to match whatever layout it is that you want. Editor will then insert the form elements into the template based on the configuration given to it.

Allan

• LimpEmuLimpEmu Posts: 64Questions: 18Answers: 1

Thank you, Allan.
    I have successfully used the layout template for other projects, but this one involves bootstrap (which I know very little about). Can you point me to a resource that lets me re-style the check boxes and radio boxes? If you are aware of any example that uses bootstrap for styling specific form elements (I have been able to style tabs, i.e., change the overall layout, but I have not been able to get my input elements the way I would like them), please let me know.

• allanallan Posts: 61,652Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

If you use Editor's Bootstrap integration it should automatically style the input elements to match the Bootstrap style.

Allan

• LimpEmuLimpEmu Posts: 64Questions: 18Answers: 1

Hi Allan:
    I figured it out, just did not understand Bootstrap well enough. Thank you for your patient feedback, I much appreciate it.
    Beate

This discussion has been closed.