Table blank until "redraw"

Table blank until "redraw"

almandotalmandot Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2011 in Bug reports
I just upgraded from datatables 1.7.4 to 1.7.6 and my table isn't quite working appropriately anymore(I tried out the 1.8.0 beta2 and got similar results).

Here's the summary of the problem.. when I load my page and load my datatable, the table is generated(the css formatting, functionality, etc is added) but the content is blank. When I hit a button that in some way has to redraw the table, such as hitting the next/last buttons or changing my rows/page to another amount, the content shows up.

From using firebug I've noticed that the TBODY is being kept empty until I hit one of those buttons and it gets redrawn, afterwards all of the content is there nicely in TBODY and everything displays as it should even when I go back to the first page or back to my original pagination.

My table is initalized by generating a javascript array(on one of my pages I do this over ajax and on another I do it at the beginning of the php file. Neither are working but did in 1.7.4) and then load the array:
[code]response.sPaginationType = "full_numbers";
response.bJQueryUI = "true";
oTable = jQuery("#entry_table").dataTable(response);[/code]

(response has an aaData key, etc...) Am I supposed to call something else now in the newer versions? Calling an fnDraw() after loading the datatable doesn't make the data display, and I haven't looked yet to see what the next/last buttons call to redraw everything but before I did a work-around I wanted to ask here and make sure some procedural thing hadn't changed.

Replies

• almandotalmandot Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Well now I feel good.. Wish I had a better explanation but.. I told wordpress to include the full datatable.min.js so I could step through the script and suddenly it all worked properly. Switched back to .min.js and it still works properly.

So nevermind. =P
This discussion has been closed.