Issue with the Internet Explorer 11, FixedHeader and search filters

Issue with the Internet Explorer 11, FixedHeader and search filters

amydromamydrom Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Has the issue with the Internet Explorer 11, FixedHeader and search filters been resolved?

"Hey there Folks,

I have a serious problem! First of all here is the problem on live.datatables
http://live.datatables.net/piwiteja/1/

This works flawlessly on firefox, but when it comes to the good old IE 11, it seems like fixedheader together with search won't work... To reproduce the problem, just click on one of the input search fields and start typing. First letter works, but then after .draw() is called, it drops out of the input field and you have to click on it again OR which is way worse, it stays in the input field but you can't type anymore (it seems like it still recognizes you typing since (with some console.log) you can see the outputs on the console, but the screen just won't refresh or won't recognize new letters. Only thing that helps is to click out of the input field where ever you want and then focus it again....
I am really stuck with this one.... If you need anymore facts/ inputs, feel free to ask. I already tried a lot..."

The original form question was closed but I don't see a resolution - https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/37905

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,715Questions: 1Answers: 10,107 Site admin

Yes, the fix was committed here but hasn't yet been included in a tagged release. The nightly contains the fix, and I plan to release an updated version of FixedHeader shortly.

Allan

• amanaV36amanaV36 Posts: 20Questions: 9Answers: 0
    edited October 2018

Hi Allan,

could you please release this fix? We are not willing to use a nightly build and really need it. A lot of our customers use IE 11 and this error is not acceptable.

• allanallan Posts: 61,715Questions: 1Answers: 10,107 Site admin

It is already in the current release. The fix from the commit above was released in v3.1.4.

If you are having problems with IE11 and FixedHeader, please link to a test case using the current version that demonstrates the issue.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.