Problem with Search box

Problem with Search box

VacciphVacciph Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited May 2011 in Bug reports
Hi,
i came across a situation where i have to fetch data through Ajax calls and add columns to my data table, until this point it works fine but when i'm looking at filtered data (filter using search box) and in the meanwhile i populate another column then i get error in script. Apparently it happens because if i will pull 30 records then most of those records may not have a matching entry in the rows where i can insert them.

Is there a better way to do this?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you are trying to do, nor what would generate the script error. What makes you suspect that it is a bug in DataTables? The Javascript error would be rather helpful! And ideally a link.

Allan
  • VacciphVacciph Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0
    You are right Allan, my query was a bit confusing. the basic structure of my page is very simple where i have two column datatable but users can add further columns by clicking on the check boxes on my page so in this way i have to add new columns to my datatable and re-bind them.
    i will provide you more details on this error once i get back to work on Monday, have a nice weekend.
  • VacciphVacciph Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Following is the error i get in Line 31:
    Unexpected number of TD elements. Expected 64 and got 43.
    [code]if(isNaN(g)||g==="")g=Date.parse("01/01/1970 00:00:00");if(isNaN(m)||m==="")m=Date.parse("01/01/1970 00:00:00");return g-m},"[/code]

Application is deployed on intranet so i cannot send you the link however as i explained earlier i have two fixed columns which are populated on page load whereas rest of columns can be added up when user wants to see extra data, it goes fine when i don't filter the records but when i filter the records for Mr. X and then add another column i get this error.
This discussion has been closed.