Can DataTables solve this?

Can DataTables solve this?

BruksBruks Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am a volunteer for a medical clinic in the 3rd world (meaning I have time, but no budget :-) Over the years we have accumulated ±50,000 patient records. Each patient record has 10 fields. Our present system is unworkable, where new information is input back in the US in Excel, and emailed once a month to a computer at the clinic, where it overwrites the previous file. Fortunately privacy is not a big concern, as the searches we run are for patient names and numbers, in order to find the hardcopy medical records. It would be very convenient to put the system online.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,176Questions: 1Answers: 2,589
    Answer ✓

Hi @Bruks ,

Yep, sounds like a perfect use-case for DataTables.

If you just want a read-only view of the US data, you could use Ajax sourced data, as in this example here, where the DataTables gets the patient records from the US server. The staff in the US could update the records there. This product is entirely free.

If you want to be able to edit and create records yourself from DataTables, the Editor extension would be a good match. These is a small charge for Editor.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin

• BruksBruks Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you for that @Colin- I'm looking forward to getting this up and running!

• colincolin Posts: 15,176Questions: 1Answers: 2,589

Hi @Bruks ,

Just shout in the forum if you're stuck - always plenty of people willing to help! :)

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.