What is the status of "ColReorder with Responsive" problem?

What is the status of "ColReorder with Responsive" problem?

FurgasFurgas Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

The problem was reported here and is still there. Is there any Github issue I can subscribe to?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,176Questions: 1Answers: 2,589
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓

Hi @Furgas ,

Unfortunately the link is broken on that second test case, so can't confirm.

However, this example here does show Responsive, ColReorder and column ordering working together, so I suspect it might be fine now,

Cheers,

Colin

• FurgasFurgas Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yeah, you are right. I'm experiencing some issues only when state saving is enabled, but it seems so random that I'm not yet able to reliably reproduce it. Will investigate further. Thanks for the answer.

Ok, I was able to reproduce the problem. Steps:
    1. Open https://jsfiddle.net/t9ofucbL/
    2. Make sure the pane with output datatable is wide enough so responsive view is not active.
    3. Move "Salary" column before "Start date" column.
    4. Shrink the pane, so "Start date" column will hide into the responsive details.
    5. Click "Run" on JSFiddle.
    6. There's the bug - the last column is "Start date", but should be "Salary". "Start date" is also in responsive details, and there is no "Salary" column nowhere.
    7. Widening the pane usually fixes the columns, but sometimes "Salary" don't show up until page reload.

Hit "Reset" to reset the saved state.

Hi @Furgas,

Good spot, and excellent instructions, thank you. I've reproduced it - we'll take a nose and get back to you.

Cheers,

Colin

FYI - this has been raised as case #558

You're welcome. I'm not sure what a "case" is and where to lookup it up, but great to hear you will be working on it.

It's an internal thing, just for us to link the two (case/forum) together :) We'll post back here when there's something to report!

This discussion has been closed.