Delayed Updates in Header Row

Delayed Updates in Header Row

jdenningjdenning Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have a header row in my DataTable that can have its value updated by an input field. The header updates as expected for the non fixedColumn headers, but the user must click one of the cells in the fixedColumns for the header to update (the keytable plugin is enabled- without it, the header doesn't update at all.)

Is there a way for jquery to click a cell within the DataTable and give focus back to the input field so the header updates?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

have you looked at the "input" event handler? It does not depend on loosing focus to trigger the event.

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @jdenning ,

If you have no joy with @bindrid 's suggestion, we're happy to take a look, but it would help, as per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• jdenningjdenning Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks @colin . I gave up on the idea of putting the data entry row in the header, and attempted to add it to the body of the table, but I'm having an issue with the tab order. In the example here-http://live.datatables.net/cugayigu/1 after tabbing through the first 3 inputs (the fixedColumns), it tabs to the previous button rather than the next input. Any way to fix this?

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Hi @jdenning ,

I think this thread here will help - the underlying problem is the same.

Your fixed columns are actually a different table, that's why the tabbing is wobbly - this issue was reported a while back, see here, and remains open.

You may have some luck playing about with the tabindex attribute setting in jQuery but I suspect that'll be a no-goer,

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.