Uncaught TypeError: extender is not a function

Uncaught TypeError: extender is not a function

nuyavnuyav Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm trying to implement DataTable editor in my application and currently facing issue> Uncaught TypeError: extender is not a function whenonBlur: 'submit'is called.
When I tried to debug the lib I found out that there is no function _fnExtend which makes var extender = $[O12][J3p][u12][o3p]; extender undefined.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• nuyavnuyav Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm using DataTables v1.10.13 and dataTables.editor v1.7.4

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

DataTables v1.10.13

That's the issue. Can you update to 1.10.18 please?

There was a bug fix in Editor 1.7.4 for local table editing which also needed a patch in DataTables core.

Allan

• iu783287uwe000iu783287uwe000 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

If they could solve the problem? I already updated the version of the Editor to 1.8.0 and it continues to generate this error:
    extend is not a function at Editor.edit .....

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @iu783287uwe000 ,

Please note that your error is different to this thread, which has been answered. If you're still having this problem, it would be worth creating a new thread, and linking to a test case or a page that demonstrates the problem. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• saikumar@baryonssoftsolutions.comsaikumar@baryonssoftsolutions.com Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am facing same issue and i am using dataTable version 1.10.18 and editor version 1.8.0

Hi @saikumar@baryonssoftsolutions.com ,

Is that the "Uncaught TypeError" error? It would be worth verifying your versions - could you run the debugger please, and send us the link code.

Cheers,

Colin

• saikumar@baryonssoftsolutions.comsaikumar@baryonssoftsolutions.com Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I resolved it by updating my dataTable version from 1.10.18 to 1.10.19
    thanks for the reply

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin

Surprised by that, since they are code identical. 1.10.19 was released only due to a packaging error with 1.10.18. Perhaps it was enough to shake free any old cache or something though.

Allan

• darlenevevadarleneveva Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited December 2019

Hello,

It is happening to me also with a version of Editor 1.9.2 and Datatable of 1.10.20.
    As mentioned earlier, it was a version issue but I see that my version is the last one, I don't understand what is happening

Ty!

Are you able to link to your page so we can take a look? If not, could you run the debugger, please.

Colin

Hi!

I have been able to solve the previous problem that I commented.
    Now I have another problem I get this on the console and I don't know how to solve it. I attach a photo. I have my project on a personal server.

Thanks!

Darlene.

I found the file but I don't know where I have to put it in my project. In which directory do I have to put it?

It looks like the error you've got is 403, rather than a 404 - so it appears to be more of a permission issue rather than location.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.