Datatable Search on decimal

Datatable Search on decimal

sathiyapriyasathiyapriya Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm new to jquery datatable. I'm having a datatable. binding the values from DB to datatable. In loop binding the value to datatable. I'm having an amount column. This i want to show with $ symbol and comma for thousand and period for decimal. This i achieved by the format
item.claimAmount.ToString("$#,##.#0")

I have search for the same datatable. when i search an amount let say i type 123 then all the amount starts with 123 filtered. If i type like 1234, its not filter out the amount. i need to put comma 123,4 then its filter out. How can i achieve this.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,714Questions: 1Answers: 10,103 Site admin

I would suggest you use the number renderer that is built into DataTables for this.

Allan

• sathiyapriyasathiyapriya Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

If i implement the number renderer will search will work as expected. I want to search on amount user type 123 it should return the amount which matches 123.00 and 12,312.90 both. How can i achieve this. Currently i do search like below.

function regex_escape(text) {
    return text.replace(/,/g, "").replace(/\./gi, "").replace(/\s+/g, "");
    };

var query = regex_escape($(this).val());
     drejectTable.search(query, true, false).draw();

• mikeosoftmikeosoft Posts: 40Questions: 14Answers: 2

I don't know if it can help, but I came across this some time ago :

https://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/html5-data-attributes.html

Looks like the data-search could do what you want.

Hi Mike

Thanks, i had checked the link. The example provided in the link, the search not working as expected. need to use comma in search textbox. let say in search box if i type 86, datatable shows the record that matches. if i type 865 it not showing any records. but datatable has value of 86,500. So i search if i type 86,5, shows that record.

Anyone can help me on this. Whether is this achievable in datatable or not.

Also the below link some solution is provided. But not sure how to implement that for may case.

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/15890/search-with-or-without-comma-dot-space

Can some one guide me on this

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

The code in that example should just slot into your case. We're happy to take a look, but it would help, as per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.