Table disappears in Internet Explorer on leaving a drop-down list

Table disappears in Internet Explorer on leaving a drop-down list

sydneyossydneyos Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited May 2011 in DataTables 1.8
Searched on this and didn't find anything. Here is the setting:

This is a page with two tables, rendered manually in an ASP.NET MVC page with DataTables applied on document ready. The document also has other controls (text box, drop-down list, buttons). In internet explorer, if the focus is set to the drop-down list and then the user tabs or clicks out of it, the tables disappear. This doesn't happen w/Mozilla, and it doesn't happen if DataTables are not applied to the tables.

There is no javascript attached to the drop-down list in question.

Any ideas where to start looking greatly appreciated.

Not sure what code might help, but here's the initialization bit:

$(document).ready(function () {
uTable = $("#UnenrolledStudents").dataTable({
"bPaginate": false,
"bLengthChange": false,
"bFilter": false,
"bSort": false,
"bInfo": false,
"bAutoWidth": true,
"bStateSave": true,
"bSearch": false
});

eTable = $("#EnrolledStudents").dataTable({
"bPaginate": false,
"bLengthChange": false,
"bFilter": false,
"bSort": false,
"bInfo": false,
"bAutoWidth": true,
"bStateSave": true,
"bSearch": false
});

Thanks

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    My first guess would be a hasLayout or zIndex issue - but if you could provide a link to a page showing the issue that would be useful - otherwise I don't think we'll be able to provide much help in the forum here, as this isn't something that has cropped up before.

Allan
  • sydneyossydneyos Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks, Allan. The site requires a log-on with activation - is there a way to get you logon info without posting it in the forum?
    Yes you can send it to me using the contact form and I'll have a look when I have access to a PC with IE on it: http://datatables.net/contact . Which version if IE are you using? And did you have a look at the z-index options?

Allan
    edited June 2011
    Nevermind - just set up a temp site/account:

[Edit - site info removed]

Sign in --> Manage Classes --> Edit --> set focus to drop-down list --> click elsewhere on the page.

Thanks!
    IE9 in standards mode seems fine, but in compatibility mode it shows the problem you are seeing - so looks like an IE8 CSS bug to me. Using the developer tools if I disable the 'clear: both' on the ".dataTables_wrapper" CSS class - then the problem is fixed - so you could try removing that from the CSS. Possibly the position: relative as well.

Allan
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.