Data table render the records in table but still shows that no data available in table.

Data table render the records in table but still shows that no data available in table.

kavitaneharkarkavitaneharkar Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have used datatable in angular 6 application . For some module it works fine but some time it render the available data in table still shows that no data available in table. And also when I export excel data it shows only header no records found. Please help me to get out of this issue.
Thank you.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @kavitaneharkar ,

Is there is data and it's being filtered, you can check the status at the bottom, it would say something like "showing 0 or X records" - if it's not, then it would suggest there is no data, or perhaps you initialised the table before the Ajax data was returned.

We're happy to take a look, but it would help, as per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kavitaneharkarkavitaneharkar Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi @colin ,

Thanks for your help!

I have temporarily hosted the application here - http://54.71.127.83:4200
    Username: admin
    Password: password

Once login, if you check "Class Details", "Batch Details" & "Subject Details" tabs, everything works perfect in datatable.

But if you go to "Student Details" tab, you will find the problem.
    Add below filters at the top -
    Select Year: 2018
    Select Class: 1st
    Select Batch: All Batches

If you see the datatable now, we can see 2 records. But at the bottom, it displays "Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries". Because of this, the export also gives blank data.

Let me know if anything else is required.

Thanks again for your help!

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @kavitaneharkar ,

The problem is because your data doesn't match your columns. This is how your columns are defined:

"columns": [{
            "title": "First Name",
            "data": "firstName",
            "sTitle": "First Name",
            "mData": "firstName"
        }, {
            "title": "Last Name",
            "data": "lastName",
            "sTitle": "Last Name",
            "mData": "lastName"
        }, {
            "title": "Batch",
            "data": "batchId",
            "sTitle": "Batch",
            "mData": "batchId"
        }, {
            "title": "Class",
            "data": "classId",
            "sTitle": "Class",
            "mData": "classId"
        }, {}],

But your data looks like this:

{_id: "5b7a8d018a6def3b90704681", batchName: "B01", classId: "5b7a8ccf8a6def3b9070467d", year: "2018", __v: 0}

It looks like you're requesting the data for Batches, rather than the Student Details...

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.