Editor in offline ASP.NET page - do I need to "install" the Editor or just include css and js files?

Editor in offline ASP.NET page - do I need to "install" the Editor or just include css and js files?

LiekarLiekar Posts: 10Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am evaluating Editor for use in an application which must be usable offline. I am using JavaScript and DataTables just fine already. To use Editor and have it working offline I believe I just need to download the Editor css and js files and include them in my page.

However, the Editor manual "Getting Started" page says, "It is assumed here that you have successfully downloaded and installed Editor!"

I already have an AJAX function which retrieves and saves my data to a SQL Server database so I do not think I need any of the Editor server-side files.

Do I need to "install" the Editor separately in addition to just downloading the css and js Editor files?

Thanks,
Bob Liekar

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

To use Editor and have it working offline I believe I just need to download the Editor css and js files and include them in my page.

Yes. That's basically what the manual is trying to say by "installed".

As you say, it is quite possible to run Editor without a connection to the Internet.

Allan

• LiekarLiekar Posts: 10Questions: 2Answers: 0

Allan - Thanks very much for the quick response. I'm really looking forward to digging deeper further into DataTables and Editor!

This discussion has been closed.