take checkbox state from different Datatable pages

take checkbox state from different Datatable pages

GianlucaPGianlucaP Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited October 2018 in Free community support

As title I need to build a list of checked element of table that are distribuited in different pages:

I try the following code:

var dt = $('#ElementTable').DataTable();
var info = dt.page.info();
for(i=0;i<info.pages;i++)
          {
            console.log("pagina ("+(i+1)+"): ");
            pdt = dt.page(i).rows().data();
            pdt.rows().data().each(
                                  function(row, index)
                                    {
                                     console.log("   riga ("+(index+1)+"): ");

$(row[0]).each(function(pos, elem)
                                        {
                                          var isSelected = $("#"+elem.id).prop('checked');
                                          if(pos == 0)
                                            console.log("            >> "+elem.type+": "+elem.checked+" / "+isSelected);
                                        });
                                    });
          }

What I obtain con console is false for each chebox element in dataTable (also for elements that are checked), isSelected works only for the current page, but it is undefined for element that are in other datatable pages,
what can I do?
Thanks for your help

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @GianlucaP ,

This example here should help. A lot of your code is complicating things and unnecessary - for example dt.page(1).rows() isn't doing what you think it's doing, that will actually return all rows across all pages as page() returns a full API instance.

Cheers,

Colin

• GianlucaPGianlucaP Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, thanks to your answer, unfortunately it still not working, I tried the same example and count remains always to 0.

My checkbuttons are made with materialize (I think that it doesn't matter, but there aren't other difference with the example)

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but could you link to your page or a generate a test case so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.