Turkish character problem "ı,ş,ğ"

Turkish character problem "ı,ş,ğ"

RakotoRakoto Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello friends
I live in Turkey and I am using a DataTable. As you know, we use the letters "i, ş, ğ". But these letters in our system "?" it seems. We tried everything about character encoding, but we couldn't handle it. Would you please help?

Answers

• RakotoRakoto Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Does anyone have any information?
    @allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @Rakoto,

DataTables doesn't do anything special with characters, so it's likely to be your backend (if you're using a database). There's a few threads on this, see here, here and here.

Best bet is to see if those solve your problem, and if not, please post back with more information.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi @colin
    I looked at those links, but I already have those methods.
    But the letters "ı, ş, ğ" still look wrong. And my db and php is encoding UTF-8 but Why this gives this error ?

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @Rakoto ,

Could you link to the page, or create a test case, that demonstrates the problem, please. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

edited October 2018

My problem is still not solved
    https://ibb.co/cgX5Q0
    I visited your sent of page.I did what was said there but it did not work again. Pls help me for a this problem. maybe can you look my code with Anydesk ?

Note:This project is a special project for the company, I can not share codes clearly.

• allanallan Posts: 61,701Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

Without being able to access the page it is impossible to say for sure. What are you using on the server-side to read the data from the database? Also can you use the debugger to give me a trace please - click the Upload button and then let me know what the debug code is.

maybe can you look my code with Anydesk ?

That is something that would be covered by the priority support options.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.