Missing Method System.String[] System.String.Split(Char, System.StringSplitOptions)

Missing Method System.String[] System.String.Split(Char, System.StringSplitOptions)

A_User_NameA_User_Name Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I tried to use the DataTables-Editor-Server DLL that came from the generator which gives me the missing method exception. I also made a new project and tried the DLL from nuget but it has the same result. I am using framework 4.6 and tried it with 4.5 as well.

Answers

• A_User_NameA_User_Name Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I forget to mention that the version is 1.8.1 and I am using .NET.

var request = HttpContext.Current.Request;
    var settings = Properties.Settings.Default;

using (var db = new Database(settings.DbType, settings.DbConnection))
                {
                    var response = new Editor(db, "users", "ID")
                        .Model<UsersModel>()
                        .Field(new Field("updated_date")
                            .Set(false)
                            .GetFormatter(Format.DateSqlToFormat(Format.DATE_ISO_822))
                        )
                        .Process(request)
                        .Data();

return Json(response);
                }

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Hi,

I'll try Generator on my Windows machine shortly. Until then, does this happen if you download the trial package as well, or is it only Generator?

Thanks,
    Allan

• A_User_NameA_User_Name Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I tried with the trial package and it gives me this error:
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path
    '[Path Name]\Editor-NETFramework-1.8.1\Editor NET Framework Demo\bin\roslyn\csc.exe'.

• plareszkaplareszka Posts: 12Questions: 5Answers: 2

Have the same issue, just purchesed Editor plugin and upon execution i get
    Method not found: 'System.String[] System.String.Split(Char, System.StringSplitOptions)'.

I used Nuget.

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Hi,

Could you try using the dll from the download package please if the Nuget one isn't working for you? They should be identical, but it would be worth trying a locally referenced copy.

Also, what version of .NET Framework are you using please?

Thanks,
    Allan

• marlodanmarlodan Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am getting the same problem with the DotNetFrameWork version. The DotNet Core version is working. Unfortunately the app I am trying to use this with is not DotNet Core. Clearly there is an issue with the Framework version. It just does not work at this point.

• marlodanmarlodan Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

For me I resolved the issue by using the dll from the Framework installation package for Framework 45 with a time stamp of November 8.

• RobFumRobFum Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I have the same error with Nuget package and with downloaded trial. I'm using .NET 4.5 with version 1.8.1. This is the stacktrace,

<Error>
    <Message>An error has occurred.</Message>
    <ExceptionMessage>
    Impossibile trovare il metodo 'System.String[] System.String.Split(Char, System.StringSplitOptions)'.
    </ExceptionMessage>
    <ExceptionType>System.MissingMethodException</ExceptionType>
    <StackTrace>
    in DataTables.DtRequest.HttpData(IEnumerable1 dataIn) in DataTables.DtRequest._Build(IEnumerable1 rawHttp) in DataTables.DtRequest..ctor(IEnumerable1 rawHttp) in DataTables.Editor.Process(NameValueCollection data) in DataTables.Editor.Process(HttpRequest request) in EditorGenerator.Controllers.OffersRowsController.OffersRows() in C:\Users\roby\Desktop\EditorGenerator\EditorGenerator\EditorGenerator\Controllers\OffersRowsController.cs:riga 27 in lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) in System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) in System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments) in System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione --- in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) in System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext() --- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione --- in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) in System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext() --- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione --- in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) in System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()
    </StackTrace>
    </Error>

This discussion has been closed.