Tutorial videos

Tutorial videos

alexanderwebalexanderweb Posts: 12Questions: 4Answers: 0

I have searched around for some tutorials and again I would be grateful for any links to help me understand DataTables as I can see from many examples it will be ideal for my purposes.

Thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

Sorry - we don't currently publish any videos of DataTables tutorials. That's something we've thought about a lot, but haven't yet progressed. At the moment the manual is the best starting point.

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,264Questions: 26Answers: 4,764

Sounds like you are trying to use Datatables with Wordpress. I'm not familiar with WordRPess so won't be able to help there. If you are having difficulties with Datatables and Wordpress together I would suggest starting with learning about the Datatables features you are interested in learning in an isolated environment.

You can use the http://live.datatables.net/ environment for a ready to go place to checkout the features. This technote provides more information. It also shows how to access ajax loaded data..

In the /live.datatables.net you can either install extensions, like buttons, by clicking "Add Library". Or you can use the Download Builder to generate a CDN of the desired software and copy into the live.datatables.net page.

Here you can build up your samples and if you have questions provide a link to the page so we can easily help.

Good luck and keep posting your questions.

Kevin

• alexanderwebalexanderweb Posts: 12Questions: 4Answers: 0

Many thanks Allan … I have the manual and will continue to ask questions and read to see what is possible,

• alexanderwebalexanderweb Posts: 12Questions: 4Answers: 0

Many thanks Kevin and yes … I am new to WP and DataTables but appreciate your help and the links.

I used old software Serif WPX8 to create lots of websites but no longer supported so looking around for an alternative and decided on WP but as yet not progressed beyond the Dashboard !!!

However I found DataTables plugin and the main reason for trying a new website designer is to have a filtered table and the examples shown fit the bill exactly for me.

So the cart is before the horse but at least I know it is possible.

Thanks for the help and the links.

This discussion has been closed.