Serverside data and filtering from external control

Serverside data and filtering from external control

kabezakabeza Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi
I have a Datatable with bServerSide:true and its corresponding sAjaxSource set. I've also enabled ordering in some columns and search. My question is:

Would it be possible to add a <select> with some static options and trigger on select.change a filtering and make this Datatable to filter the data by the option selected in this external select ?

If so, how should I change the code (corresponding to the ajax url) that gets the data and outputs the json?
Please lemme know if you'd need the serverside code

Thanks a lot in advance

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @kabeza ,

If the Select options are just search strings, then you could just call search() with that value - as it's serverSide, then that would communicate with the server without you needing to do anything more. Hope I'm understanding you correctly,

Cheers,

Colin

• kabezakabeza Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi Colin

Yes, the select fields are generated dynamically from their corresponding CRUD modules. Each <option> tag has the value="id" from database and its corresponding type (string)

The problem is that I'll have multiple filters, I mean 3 or 4 select fields and then one "Apply Filter" button which should do the magic...

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

For that the ajax.data option would be your answer. Use that option as a function to get the data from your select filters and send it to the server-side script for use in a condition in the SQL.

Allan

• kabezakabeza Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 0
    edited February 2019

I'm working with "sAjaxSource" , not "ajax" property
    When I change to "ajax" property, I get in my php controller the following errors:

unknown index iSortCol_0
    unknown index iDisplayStart
    unknown index iDisplayLength
    unknown index sSortDir_0

Edit: I've found that I'm using legacy parameters. I'll modify my controllers to adapt to new parameters and accomodate to new $_GET array

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.