Existing date is not populating for datepicker when we use inline edit with Datatable

Existing date is not populating for datepicker when we use inline edit with Datatable

amitmhetreamitmhetre Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited February 2019 in Free community support

It is been observed that, when we change the date format as per our requirement the existing date is not show as selected within datepicker. Instead it is showing current date as selected. Below is my configuration for datepicker inside datatable

{
              label: 'Date',
              name: 'created_at',
              type: 'datetime',
              format: 'MM/DD/YYYY',
              attr: {
                autoComplete: 'off',
                placeholder: 'Date',
                defaultDate: 0

}

Does anyone know what to do to populate existing date in datepicker by keeping our date format?

Thanks

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

Hi @amitmhetre ,

It's hard to recommend without seeing the two date formats. Would you be able to modify this example here to have the two formats, please, and then steps on how to reproduce the problem?

Cheers,

Colin

• amitmhetreamitmhetre Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited February 2019

Hi @colin
    From the link which you have shared, I just changed the date format as -
    format: 'MM/DD/YYYY'

Please refer link: http://live.datatables.net/wegowafu/26/

Then you can see when we click on any date field from any row, then datepicker with current date as selected is populated. Instead it should auto select the existing date
    For eg. When I select the date field with value as '2011/12/12' it should auto select the same date in datepicker. Currently current date is selected by default when datepicker is shown

Please let me know if anything else from my side.

• allanallan Posts: 61,692Questions: 1Answers: 10,101 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The issue here is that the format you are giving doesn't match the format of the data. They need to match - e.g. use YYYY/MM/DD or change the data format to match the display format you want.

Allan

• amitmhetreamitmhetre Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks @allan and @colin
    By changing date formats from database (to match with date format we mentioned for datatable) worked for us.

Once again thanks for your quick support.

This discussion has been closed.