What else beside maxlength in dataTable.Editor js can limit user input length?

What else beside maxlength in dataTable.Editor js can limit user input length?

rdaviesrdavies Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan, I am taking over a project from Mary Ann Sanders who I think you know from SCI Consulting. One of her editable grids has a column whose length has changed. Though I have changed maxlength from 15 to 20 in the new dataTable.Editor js, and made corresponding changes in EntityFramework objects, the user can still only type in 15 chars (20 chars can be pasted however). Do you know where else the keypress or other event may be limiting input? Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Hi @rdavies ,

I went through Mary's messages and there was nothing obvious that she's done there. maxLength is the most obvious, as you said. Is that attribute definitely removed when the issue occurs? Otherwise, you can check for event handlers in the developer's tools and see if anything obvious.

If no joy, would you be able to link to your page or create a test case? Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• rdaviesrdavies Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Colin, Thanks for getting back to me. I just yesterday managed to resolve this, apparently, by doing a browser refresh... I guess maxlength = 15 had being retained in a cached copy of the page. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.