When fixed left column1, first column in the last row, is not visible due to the horizontal bar

When fixed left column1, first column in the last row, is not visible due to the horizontal bar

polachanpolachan Posts: 101Questions: 50Answers: 0

I have the following column for the data table
First Name, last name, Addr1, Addr2, Addr3, Addr4 , Place, City
When It list long first name having more than 15 charector , and when freezes the left column 1 , the horizontal bar make the value unvisible. Please can you check

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

the horizontal bar make the value unvisible. Please can you check

Its hard to say what the problem is without seeing it. Please post a link to your page or create a test case replicating the issue.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

It could be a CSS issue. Check that you are loading the proper FixedColumn CSS include for the styling framework you are using.

Kevin

• polachanpolachan Posts: 101Questions: 50Answers: 0
    edited March 2019

it is not CSS issue. I tried to your example html file and edited the first name of the last row in the fixed column example page . The same issue happened there. The first name is not fully visible , when I edit the first name with long name due to to horizontal bar will appear and make it invisible .

You can see the problem when you given a long name for the first colum in the last row in the example
    https://datatables.net/extensions/fixedcolumns/examples/initialisation/left_right_columns.html

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @polachan ,

I'm not seeing an issue on that page - could you tell me which row you feel is incorrect?

Cheers,

Colin

I have attached the image here. When we add long first name , it the horizontal bar will make the name hide

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @polachan ,

I'm still not seeing that in the example you linked to. Could you create that test case please that Kevin asked for - then we'll be looking at the same thing.

Cheers,

Colin

I got the solution for the existing problem in the data table. If we add fixed column, just add one blank row after the last row. The problem can be overcome.

This discussion has been closed.