Material design stability

Material design stability

sohmwaresohmware Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0
edited March 2019 in DataTables 1.10

the material design layout is really nice
it is a beta version
is it safe to use it? I imagine all plugins are not tested at 100%
Semantic ui seems similar btw, is it better to use it? I'm feared of putting a special framework used only for styling (and not for functionnality) maybe it would be better to customize bootstrap
and last question, my customer would like to put the arrow on the left part of each header
is it possible ?

tks for your job !

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @sohmware ,

Those styles are all third-party - all have pros and cons, so none better as such, it's just best to choose one that marries well with your website.

This thread should help with the sort arrows, it's asking the same thing.

Cheers,

Colin

• sohmwaresohmware Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

hello
    tks for your reply
    it doesn't work with the boostrap themes
    i tryied to reproduce the css trick but it doesn't work
    any clue ?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @sohmware ,

We're happy to take a look if you could link to your page, or create a test case. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• sohmwaresohmware Posts: 7Questions: 3Answers: 0

tks you colin
    http://live.datatables.net/tesejixi/1/edit
    i'd like to reach that goal
    https://imgur.com/dYhgW0l
    tks !

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

In terms of DataTables integration, the Semantic UI support is complete and supported. The Material Design integration is not (to be honest, we haven't had a huge amount of feedback about it, so it isn't high on our priority list).

I suspect rather than MDLite like in the existing example I'll switch it to using MD Bootstrap for easier integration (when I get time to do it!).

With the styling arrows you want, the Semantic UI integration is already fairly close you might need to tweak the CSS a little to left align the arrows if that is what you want for example though.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.