How can I show a sorted list of values in searchpane ?

How can I show a sorted list of values in searchpane ?

studentbelfortstudentbelfort Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, I'm attaching a screenshot for what I mean.

Column "Square Meters" is of type "num" and the sorting works without problems. The values in searchpane are however not correctly sorted. As you can see, 100 is before 2, etc. How can I display these values correctly ? Thank you, Fernando

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @studentbelfort ,

By default they are, see here, so there must be strings in your numeric column. We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• studentbelfortstudentbelfort Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin, thank you for your answer. Take a look here: http://live.datatables.net/ragufuvi/1/edit

I've manually edited a person's age for 102. You see that when you sort the table itself everything is fine but up there in the searchpane 102 comes before 18. Any ideas ? Thank you, Fernando

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @studentbelfort ,

Gotcha, thanks - yep, I'm seeing that. I've logged it and will report back when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.