Limiting sorting event to the sorting icon

Limiting sorting event to the sorting icon

BaylockBaylock Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited March 2019 in Free community support

Hello,

Simple enough: I would like to know how to sort a column only when the sorting icon is clicked, not the whole th.

I've seen this question asked many times but the answers are more clues than answers. And I understand that people should make their own research but the clues send back to a specific part of the documentation (columns.orderable,order.listener(),..) but the documentation never tells how to achieve it as a whole. And as a beginner, it's a nightmare because it's hard to put the pieces together. Whatever clue I follow, it's always a dead end (to me).

Indeed, I know how to disable ordering and I know how to give an element the sorting feature but if done together, it just doesn't work because disabling the ordering disables ALL the ordering, even the custom ones.

Would it be possible to know how to achieve this request from one end to another (disable th event, enable icon event alone) with the latest version of dataTables?

Thank you very much.

Answers

• BaylockBaylock Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited March 2019

I just saw there is a system of support credit of some sort. I didn't know that.
    Do I have to pay in order to have an actual answer (which I would totally understand)?

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @Baylock ,

The credits are for priority support or specific customisations. This thread should help, it's asking the same thing. Also, this SO thread, which has a working example in the solution.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.