Customize inline editor

Customize inline editor

Eyelit Inc.Eyelit Inc. Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi @allan
I am using simple inline editing for my datatable based on the following instruction:
https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/simple.html. I noticed that for this inline editing, the whole cell will become a textbox and let the user modify. I wanna ask a general question, is there any way I can change this editor to something like not editing the whole cell but a part of cell. For example, the content of one cell is "Hello World". If I click "World", the cell will become "Hello" plus a text box including "World" to edit (only the second word is editable)?
Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

No, I'm sorry to say that is not something that Editor's inline editing is designed to handle. It will always make the full cell editable. The closest you might be able to get to that is with a field type plug-in which would break the values up into words and put each word in a span so you can detect which element was clicked on and merge the values together to get the field value.

So yes, I guess it would be possible, but it would be a considerable amount of work I suspect.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.