How to get multi-cell forms to work in IE11?

How to get multi-cell forms to work in IE11?

topshottopshot Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited April 2019 in Free community support

I have asked this question on StackOverflow without any response yet. I realize this isn't an issue with dataTables (I'm using v1.10.16) itself but am surprised I can't find someone that has come across what seems like what should be a common issue when using IE with forms in dataTables. I found where someone had changed to using a button link instead of input submit but my form requirements are different than their's.

Anyway, is there some way I can create valid dynamic form HTML that would work for IE, which doesn't support the form attribute? Here is a representative row of the dataTables output (it would normally show 25 at a time):

<table>
    <tr>
        <td></td>
        <td>
            <form id="101110" name="form" method="post" action="Cart.cfm" target="cart_frame">
                <input name="ItemID" type="hidden" id="ItemID" value="101110">
                <input title="Click to add to cart" name="Submit" type="submit" class="buttons" value="101110">
                <input name="Qty" type="hidden" value="">
                <input name="Brand" type="hidden" value="">
                <input name="Pack" type="hidden" value="113">
                <input name="UOM" type="hidden" value="CS">
            </form>
        </td>
        <td><input form="101110" title="Type number and ENTER to add to cart" name="Qty" type="text" id="Qty" value="" size="1" maxlength="4"></td>
        <td><input form="101110" name="Broken" type="checkbox" id="Broken"></td>
        <td>MY AWESOME WIDGET #115</td>
        <td></td>
        <td>115</td>
        <td>48.50</td>
        <td>&nbsp;</td>
        <td>0.52</td>
    </tr>
</table>

Alternatively, as noted in my linked SO post, I'm REALLY close to getting my javascript hack to work if anyone has ideas on that.

I wish I didn't have to support IE and old Edge, but 15-20% of our customer's clients still use it. Thank you for any assistance.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @topshot ,

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.