Inline editing sending multiple fields in Editor 1.9.0

Inline editing sending multiple fields in Editor 1.9.0

IMS_PeteIMS_Pete Posts: 21Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi All,

Just noticed a change (not so much an issue) with Editor version 1.9.0 compared to earlier versions. This is just a post to get a solution on the forum for anyone else encountering the same issue.

The report extractor we use produces JSON data but excludes any datapoints that are null, empty strings or numeric zeros. This is a problem in itself and is being resolved but has not caused much of an issue to date.

However once we upgraded Editor to v1.9.0 we found that when providing the table data in JSON a missing datapoint is considered a Blank string and when editing inline, editor compares the row data and sees an empty string compared to a missing datapoint and thinks there has been a change.

The solution for us was to have our report extractor produce any missing datapoints as the string "null" and then edit the extract results to remove the quotes from the null datapoints.

Hope this helps.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,725Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin

Thanks for posting this. Yes you are right - we use stricter type checking now, the idea being that this is the building blocks to have proper null-able types on the client-side (in addition to empty strings).

Allan

• craiggriffincraiggriffin Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited May 2019

Hi , I have also posted an issue with the JSON object I am creating on PostSubmit. The object is consumed correctly using 1.8.1 , but is not consumed for edit & create (works for delete ) using 1.9.0. This issue is the closest I have found.

This discussion has been closed.