Issue: Hidden columns excluded from FixedColumnsLeft

Issue: Hidden columns excluded from FixedColumnsLeft

artmusartmus Posts: 9Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hello,

I'm using the extensions ColReorder and Responsive.
The far left column in my table contains icons which allow users to edit rows or show further informations and should be excluded from ColReorder.
I want to position the icon of the responsive-extension, which shows hidden informations in a child row, next to it on the left.

Placing it into the same column (per 'responsive.details.type: inline') didn't work like expected, because when pressing one of my icons, the click-event also triggered the responsive-extension and thus displayed the hidden child-row, which isn't good user experience.
That's why I decided to set 'responsive.details.type: column'.

The problem with this solution right now is, that the first column isn't visible when no columns are collapsed.
But since I set fixedColumnsLeft to 2 (reordering for columns of responsive.details and 'icons' has to be disabled), ColReorder instead disables reordering for the next visible column (in the test-case column 'Name' will be affected).
It seems that 'fixedColumnsLeft' only disables ColReorder for visible columns.

Test-case: http://live.datatables.net/rotatowo/1/edit

I hope you guys can help me.
Thanks in advance,
Artur

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @artmus ,

Thanks for the test case. I just tried it, but I could move the 'Name' column even when the "+" isn't present. Please could you give steps on how to produce the behaviour you're seeing,

Cheers,

Colin

• artmusartmus Posts: 9Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi @colin ,
    the issue occurs, when you try to move another column (for example 'Position') into the position of the 2. column (in this case 'Name'), not the other way around like you tried.
    And just like you tested, it only leads to this problem, when the '+' isn't present.

Thanks for your help!

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Hi @artmus ,

Yep, got it, and agreed, that looks wobbly to me. I've raised it internally (DD-903 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• gSibingergSibinger Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0

Facing a very similar issue. By when can we expect an update?

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Unfortunately this doesn't look like a trivial fix, so I need to spend a bit of time working on it. I'm not yet sure when that will be.

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

A very old thread this, but I'm going through the old ColReorder issues as I've just completed a rewrite of ColReorder and wanted to check that I've addressed as many of the legacy issues as possible.

I've introduced a new colReorder.columns option in ColReorder 2 (which will be released next month, alongside DataTables 2 and other extensions). This new option allows for explicit selection of the columns that can be reordered, regardless of visibility.