Make expand work only for the icon

Make expand work only for the icon

mbornmborn Posts: 44Questions: 17Answers: 0

I have a report originally intended for a full size monitor. Now, there is a demand to make it work on various devices (tablet, phone). The issue I'm having is that the first column of the report (among others) can be clicked and the report displays a different screen (a drilldown to the selected value). On a tablet/phone, I get the expand icon, but whether I touch it or the first column, the screen displays the remaining fields in the row, and then executes the drilldown. Is there a way to make the expand capability work only when the icon is touched and to perform the column drilldown only when the cell is touched?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

Hi @mborn ,

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• mbornmborn Posts: 44Questions: 17Answers: 0

Found the page that details "column-controlled child rows". Placing the control in its own column makes my page work as desired. I apologize for jumping the gun on creating a new topic, but as a beginner to Datatables, not knowing a lot of the nomenclature causes me to miss documented features. I'll get better at this. Thanks for looking.

This discussion has been closed.