AutoFill and KeyTable how to disable click and drag from updating certain columns

AutoFill and KeyTable how to disable click and drag from updating certain columns

YoDavishYoDavish Posts: 123Questions: 46Answers: 3

Hello,

I'm trying out the trial version of the editor, specifically using the AutoFill and Key Table on my own project. There are certain columns that I do not want the click and drag feature from the AutoFill to update. My original work around this was to move all editable columns to the first 4 columns and all non-editable columns after the first 4 and used this:

autoFill: {
        columns: ':nth-child(2),:nth-child(3),:nth-child(4),:first-child',
        editor:  editor
    },
    keys: {
        columns: ':nth-child(2),:nth-child(3),:nth-child(4),:first-child',
        editor:  editor
    }

This works great, but now there is a request to move 2 of the editable columns near the end of the table.

The problem with this is if you click and drag from the first column to either of the two editable columns that are near the end of the table it will update all the columns in between that I did not want to be selectable. Is there a way to avoid this, or should I just keep the selectable columns in the first 4 columns?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓

Hi @YoDavish ,

I noticed this for non-Editor tables in the Spring, it was fixed for that (see here) but it appears to be an issue still with Editor tables (see here). I've added this forum thread to the bug (DD-777 for my reference), and will report back here when it's been progressed.

Unfortunately, I don't think there'll be a workaround, so the only alternative would be to make those columns adjacent as you said.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Colin

• YoDavishYoDavish Posts: 123Questions: 46Answers: 3

@colin
    Is there a timetable when this would completed? We are in talks of purchasing the editor product and would like to know when the bug issue is resolved. Thanks in advance.

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Not yet, but it is something I will look at for the next patch release.

I had thought you'd be able to just remove the columns you don't want from the Editor instance, but that doesn't appear to work unfortunately.

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Finally got around to it - sorry for the massive delay. Commit here and we'll be packaging AutoFill shortly.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.