DataTables and NodeJS

DataTables and NodeJS

alpinemomalpinemom Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited July 2019 in Free community support

I am using DataTables in a NodeJS app where I'm using Express with EJS templates and MongoDB. I'm able to populate the DataTable just fine with data from Mongo in the .html file, but the "search" and "show" boxes aren't working. I'm able to get them to be visible (had problem initially there but got around that by putting the table header on the page from the start) but not actually working. I've used DataTables on a website without NodeJS and wonder if Node doesn't play well with DataTables.I sooooo much want this to work. Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Bonnie

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Hi @alpinemom ,

Node works well with DataTables - all our unit tests use it. Without seeing your code, or the failures it's hard to predict what the issue would be. Medium have a series on how to get it working, see here.

If that doesn't help, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• alpinemomalpinemom Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Ok. Thank you, Colin. I'll check out Medium's series and if I still can't figure it out, I'll come back and add my code here.

This discussion has been closed.