Files location - use your own domain/cloud

Files location - use your own domain/cloud

ipokrovipokrov Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited August 2019 in Free community support

Hello,

Do I have to point to cdn.datatables.net domain or can I download the js and css files and have them served from my wn amazon cloud/local storage? are there best practice rules or license restrictions?

Thanks
ilya

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,309Questions: 26Answers: 4,769
    edited August 2019 Answer ✓

You can use the Download Builder to create downloadable CSS and JS files. The only license is with Editor.

EDIT: Also you may be interested in this FAQ. More info regarding Editor if you are interested.

Kevin

• fabioberettafabioberetta Posts: 74Questions: 23Answers: 4
    Answer ✓

In the pas I ran into an issue with a cdn discontinuing the supply of a specific version of a library. Since all was embedded into an app for a tablet it took me a while to troubleshoot the problem since I did not have the upload error message.

I generally prefer to serve them from my website. Once I will have a lot of traffic I will eventually move away from this strategy since I will have to pay the out bandwidth.

• ipokrovipokrov Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks! I do want to store them in amazon cloud that under customers control so I don't have to worry about thing not under my or customers control...

• ipokrovipokrov Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

the main reason was because when I got to cdn.datatables.net domain the links to manual and download return 404 since the pages live only datatables.net domain, I thought hmm I want to know where my files are :smile:

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

a cdn discontinuing the supply of a specific version of a library.

That seems counter to the whole point of a CDN! That's not something we ever plan to do with ours. Once its on, its on. The only reason I can ever think we might do something like that is if there is a major security issue with the software.

Our CDN is provided for convenience of install and currently has around 25TB of data served per month. You are absolutely welcome to host the files yourself.

cdn.datatables.net domain the links to manual and download return 404 since the pages live only datatables.net domain

Oh! Oops. Thanks for letting me know about that! Will be fixed shortly.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.