Upload function / Custom progress status

Upload function / Custom progress status

fabioberettafabioberetta Posts: 74Questions: 23Answers: 4

Hello,

I am using editor upload function to upload files to a website. Actually the files are stored on a bucket S3 therefore once loaded I have to create thumbnail and then move everything to Amazon S3.

Since it takes a bunch of seconds to do so I would like to update the progress status that show the load % on the load button to add this information or eventually use a fully customised upload status bar.

I did not find any information on if possible and how to do it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Fabio

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Fabio,

The upload button in Editor will show the percentage of the file uploaded as it is progressing (you can see that by using a network throttle in Chrome's network inspector tools), but that is for client to server only. If the server is then doing a server to server transfer, there isn't currently a mechanism for that progress to be shown to the end user I'm afraid. Likely for that a socket connection would be required which sends the status to the client.

Allan

• fabioberettafabioberetta Posts: 74Questions: 23Answers: 4

Thank Allan. I had a small hope that I could find an easy way in your library.

Any chance to use any existing event? I will not have a percentage but I can otherwise inform the user of the status.

F

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin

Actually yes for that :). You could use the processingText option for the upload field to let the user know what is happening. By default it is Processing but you could change it to be 'processingText: 'Uploading to S3', or similar.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.