How can i get my custom.css instead of datatables style ?

How can i get my custom.css instead of datatables style ?

lfabrylfabry Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi, first of all, sorry for my English
since I've update dataTable to 1.10.18 i can't get my custom style on my table (especially on the buttons). After investigation, the problem is from the file datatable.js but i don't know how to solve it.
Can you help me pls ?

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi Ifabry,

Thanks for getting in touch. Could you please post a test case showing the issue that you are having so that we can see exactly what is going wrong. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Thanks,

Sandy

• lfabrylfabry Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi sandy,
    Thanks for helping me
    It's gonna be difficult to do a test case, in fact we're using a MVC approach and there are a lot of css and js files witch are load into the project (i think that they're related to the problem). The best i can do id to send you some screenshots of the debugger or to give you an access via TeamViewer.

• allanallan Posts: 61,663Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin

Hi,

Styling issues are always a bit tricky to debug! If you are able to give us a few screenshots, that would be great. Do you also have a screenshot of what it was like before the update - i.e. what it should look like?

You say you've done some investigation which leads you do the datatables.js file being the problem - can you explain your reasoning for that please? What makes you think that that file is causing the problem? (I'm trying to understand the cause of the issue rather than apportioning blame!).

Allan

• lfabrylfabry Posts: 14Questions: 5Answers: 0

thank you but now i fix the issue with my custom css. But the project is quiet complex because it uses differents framework styling.
    The problem with datatable.js was that the styling changed when i uprade datatable.js and only this file. But now it found a quick solution with my custom css where i take over datatable styling elements.

• GiangTruongGiangTruong Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi . Im new to this js too . How can i fix the css of pagination in this js . Sorry for bad english

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

I replied on your other thread - please only post once.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.