DataTables warning: table id=delegate_data - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this

DataTables warning: table id=delegate_data - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this

kindghostkindghost Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am sure its a famous error and many questions on it, i have tried everything but still cant get where is the issue coming from,

The above error only display for certain events id only, if delete the records on that certain ID the error wont show again, not sure if there is something i am doing wrong here as i am total beginner on this,

The bigger issue is my datatables wont show in internet explorer 11 no matter what,

Appreciate any help from all of you,

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,277Questions: 26Answers: 4,766

Did you follow the steps in the link provided?
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/1

You will need to look at the server's response to find out why the JSON is invalid. Could be an empty response. Could be an error. Let us know what you find.

Kevin

• kindghostkindghost Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi kthorngren,

I have done all the tests,

For some of the events ID from my table it will show the error and the newtwork table will be empty, the wired thing is if i delete the content in that specific row in my database it will work and error wont come,

But for others all okay and the response in the network tab will have content on it,

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kindghostkindghost Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your comment,

Before doing a test case,

I noticed if the filed in the database contain any roman letters or character the JSON will show the invalid error, sorry i am a total beginner on this,

But is there any way to avoid this, as we deal with different countries and some of them the keyboards contains those letters,

I also still cant understand why the datatables not showing at all in the internet explorer,

Appreciate all the help,

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

It should like you need to support UTF8 - this thread should help, it's discussing that.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.