Responsive problem

Responsive problem

kuba831kuba831 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hey there,

I need a help with responsive plugin.
I have really big table with lots of columns but responsive plugin hides all the columns under green "+" sign that are overflowing the screen size. I want to force them to stay on the screen with scroll bar and hide under green "+" sign only the last column.

According to the screenshot - I want to force showing:
- Customer
- Description
- Created at
- Created by
columns and only Actions column hide under the row.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kuba831kuba831 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

@colin I'm so sorry for not including test case

live.datatables.net/gufecafa/2/edit?html,css,js,console,output

here is the situation - i want to make this table scrollable in horizontal position and keep hidden under green "+" sign only last column (salary column)

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

The point of the Responsive plugin is to ensure the screen resizes smartly when the display area changes - having a scrollbar is counter to that.

It would be worth looking into child rows instead - they work similarly, but aren't affected by the display area. You could always hide that final comment from the table, and only show it in a child row.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.