Multiple custom button groups

Multiple custom button groups

Igorski88Igorski88 Posts: 25Questions: 8Answers: 0

Is it possible to have multiple custom groups in the header of a table. For example: I would like a refresh button on the far right. Please see desired result in image. The way I have done this in the past is by adding the button in the HTML but unfortunately it doesn't always play nicely with the DataTable.

What I have tried:
I tried to append a second button group but it seems like it just moves the original button group to the appended area.

Any ideas?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

This example might help - it shows how you can move the buttons, in this case, after the search element like in your screenshot.

Colin

• Igorski88Igorski88 Posts: 25Questions: 8Answers: 0

@colin Thanks for the example. Unfortunately, this moves the entire button group. I would like a second button group.

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

This example shows how you can have multiple button groups.

You might still be to tweak the CSS to get the alignment you want.

Allan

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

This example here is doing what you're after, I think.

Colin

• m75sam75sa Posts: 125Questions: 28Answers: 0
    edited February 2022

Great example but is possible to group button 1,2 and button 3,4 in two div in order to assign to each div a custom class ?

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

I don't quite understand you meaning I'm afraid. The two button groups are in different div elements and they each have their own custom class in Colin's example?

Allan

• Bruce WarmerBruce Warmer Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am trying to do the same thing - add a button after the search field that is used as a refresh action.
    The example above does not produce any buttons for me.
    Thanks,
    Bruce