Scroller & stateSave doesn't work

Scroller & stateSave doesn't work

info@odpadovyhospodar.skinfo@odpadovyhospodar.sk Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I would like to report that State saving doesn't work with Scroller. After the page refresh Scroller cannot find proper position and stays at the beginning of table.

Steps to reproduce:
1. scroll or scroll-jump to some position in table
2. refresh the page
3. table is blank and scroller at the beginning

You can test it out even at the example page:
https://datatables.net/extensions/scroller/examples/initialisation/state_saving.html

I tried to do some debugging but with no luck. Anyway I found out that state restoring is not triggered because of condition failing: this.s.dt.oLoadedState.iScroller is always undefined.(see image). Maybe it will help.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Thanks for reporting. This had been fixed, but it appears it's regressed. I've re-opened it internally (DD-874 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• info@odpadovyhospodar.skinfo@odpadovyhospodar.sk Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for reply...could you give me some estimation when you plan to start with this task? The problem is at my production application (and I cannot simply downgrade) so it's kind of urgent to find solution here. Thanks.

• allanallan Posts: 61,440Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

We are working on some other things at the moment, so I'm afraid I don't have a time scale for this yet. I will try to prioritise it, but we are behind schedule on our latest project, so that is currently taking most of our time I'm afraid.

At the moment the workaround is to disable state saving.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.